Friday, October 1, 2010

The Last Will and Testament of PHILIP ERION

 The information below was sent to me in April 2009 from the Genealogical Society of Linn County, Iowa, located at 813 First Avenue S. E., P.O. Box 175, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406-0175.

(I chose not to tamper with Philip's spelling while transcribing his Last Will and Testament.  If I could not decipher or reasonably guess what the word was, I put in a blank. What you see is how it was!)


The Last Will and Testament of Philip Erion, Mt. Vernon, IA, March 30, 1896

Know all men by these presents that this is my last will and testament. 

 1st I want all my debts paid out of the money on hand.

2nd I bequieth all my Property to my beloved Wife, Both real and Persel her natuerl life.

3rd After she is don with it at her decec I want all what is left to be equile devided among all my hears the cubard I bequith to El. Kearns my chest I gave to Mary Frances the dishes and Beding and what is in the Bruraeu I wont the girls to divide among themselves. The real and persenl property that is left I wont _________ and sold to the heist bitters and the proceeds to be equaley divided among all my hears the notes and recets that I hold against any of them they will received cash.

I apoind J. M. Erion my administrator

_____ Them that have more than thear equel share _____ must pay Back to my administrator what will _____ it up, make it Equal any of them that will be in Debt I wont them to have two years to Pay in without interest I wish all settled peasableby with out law if posable.

Attested By, signed in our Presents:

/s/ John Drips                                                                              /s/ Philip Erion
____ Drips
**********

Attached to this Last Will and Testament were copies of the Probate Proceedings of the Estate of Philip Erion. It showed that Philip's and Matilda's son and my great great grandfather, Jacob B. Erion, was living in Pineville, Louisiana by the time of the death of Philip Erion. These proceedings also show the locations of all the children of Philip and Matilda Latham Erion. Said proceedings also show that shortly after the administration of his father’s estate was finished, John Matthew Erion and his family moved to Mitchell, South Dakota, for it was there on 17 Mar 1906 that J. M. Erion announced his candidacy for the State Legislature of South Dakota. (Source: Omaha Morning World-Herald, 17 Mar 1906.)


No comments:

Post a Comment